Sturgeon with Tomato, Olive and Spinach
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) Sturgeon Fillets
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup canned low-sodium diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper, optional
- 2 cups packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet heat 2 teaspoons of oil over a medium-high heat. Add fish and cook about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer the fish to the side and tent with foil to keep the fish warm.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in the same skillet; add onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, olives and capers and crushed red pepper, if using, and cook for 3 minutes more. Stir in the spinach and put fish back into the pan and cover until spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Position fish on plate and spoon sauce over the fish and serve.