Steelhead or Salmon Machaco
- 1 1/4 lb cooked flaked Steelhead or Salmon (can use canned also)
- 1 cup Onion Diced
- 1 cup Tomatoes Diced
- 3/4 cup Green Chiles, canned, diced
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups black beans warmed
- 6-8 oz Cotija Mexican Cheese, crumbled or Monteray Jack
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped loose
- Dozen warmed 6″ corn tortillas
- In large bowl, combine salmon, onion, tomatoes and chiles; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over low heat; add salmon mixture and cook until mixture thickens from tomatoes.
- Add eggs; scramble until eggs set; keep warm
- For each serving place 1 cup egg mixture on warmed dinner plate. Garnish with 1/4 cup beans and 1 ounce cheese. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with 2 tortillas