Steamed Clams with Fresh Tarragon & Tomatoes
- 4 lb. Manilla Clams
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 T. unsalted butter
- 1 T. minced fresh tarragon
- 1 Roma tomato seeded and diced
- 1 Lemon juiced
- generous grinding of black pepper
- In a large pot, combine the wine, shallot, garlic and bay leaf. Simmer together over medium heat for a few minutes to bring out the flavors.
- Increase heat to high, add the clams. Cover the pot and steam for about 8 min until all the clams open, gently stir the pot after about 4 minutes.
- Remove the clams to a serving bowl, discarding any unopened clams.
- Reduce heat to low, add the butter, stir in tarragon, tomato, lemon juice and black pepper. pour broth over the clams. Serve immediately with a loaf of rustic bread