Spicy Salmon with Carmelized Onions
- 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbs avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 (8 ounce) Salmon Fillets skinned
- 2 tbs avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbs minced onion
- Combine black pepper, paprika, cayenne, mined garlic, Dijon , brown Sugar, onion powder and salt in a small bowl. Stir in 1 Tbs avocado oil and mix to make a paste.
- Spread paste all over the salmon fillets and set aside to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 2 Tbs of avocado oil in a small pan over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and cook until tender and golden brown, about ten minutes.
- Heat a separate non-stick skillet over medium -high heat. Cook the salmon fillets in the hot skillets until golden brown on each side, and no longer trranslucent in the center, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Pour the carmelized onions over the salmon fillets and serve.