Seared Albacore Tuna Loins
- 8oz sushi-grade albacore loins
- 4 Tbsp sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1½ Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 green onions (scallions) thinly sliced (reserve a few slices for garnish)
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Mix together all of the ingredients except the tuna.
- Coat the tuna steaks with the marinade (a gallon size Ziploc works great), cover tightly and refrigerate for one hour.
- Heat a non stick skillet over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, remove the tuna from marinade and sear steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the pan and slice the steaks into ½ inch thick slices. Garnish with the reserved green onions. Tuna can be served plain, over thinly sliced cabbage or fennel or over white rice.