Seared Albacore Tuna Loins with Wasabi Ginger Sauce
- 1 lb Fresh Albacore Tuna Loin
- Toasted sesame oil
- Finely ground sea salt
- Toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespooons tamari
- Wash and pat dry tuna steaks. Coat steaks with a thin layer of sesame oil. Sprinkle both sides of steaks with the finely ground sea salt, Rub into steaks. Cover both sides completely with the toasted sesame seeds.
- Sear steaks on grill or in a saute pan for few minutes on each side. *I prefer to cook the albacore to rare, but it can be cooked to anyone’s preference.
- While the steaks are cooking, prepare the wasabi sauce; Whisk together the wasabi paste, toasted sesame oil, ground ginger and tamari until a thick liqued is formed.
- When the steaks are done, serve with the wasabi sauce drizzled across the top.