Salmon and Asparagus in Parchment
Great for Holiday get together, can be prepared and stored in refrigerator hours ahead of time.
- 4 pieces parchment paper 12″ x 12″
- 4 salmon or steelhead fillet total 1.5 – 2 lb
- aprox. 24 sprigs Asparagus
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- juice of one whole lemon
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp fresh dill
- Avocado or Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt n Pepper for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Melt butter in a pan add garlic and lemon zest, saute until aromatic(about 2 minutes), remove from heat stir in fresh dill, squeeze in lemon juice and allow to cool.
- Drizzle middle of each parchment piece with enough oil to just coat the middle of each sheet, then spread around center of parchment with fingers. Lightly season each fish fillet and place in the center of the parchment. Top each with 4-6 sprigs of Asparagus and 1/4 of lemon/garlic butter. Bring up two opposite sides of parchment and fold several times over fish. Fold remaining ends of parchment and tuck under. Place fish packets in a shallow baking pan. The individual packets can be stored in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Bake in center of oven for 10-13 minutes or until fish flakes easily, You can carefully open one package to ensure done. Place each parchment on plate and serve.