Razor Clam Fritters
- 1 C. chopped razor clams (reserve the liquid)
- 1 bottle flat beer
- 1 1/2 C. pancake mix
- green onions – Chopped
- 1/2 green pepper – Chopped
- 1 stalk celery – Chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT the beer together, then add beer till you have a very thick mixture. You may not need all the beer because of the clam juice.
- Heat 1/4″ – 1/2″ oil in pan to aprox 375F. Drop mixture by spoonful in oil – cook 1-2 min. per side – test, if not cooked- drop by smaller spoonfuls. *I like to add some tobasco or other hot pepper sauce to mine.