Poached Halibut with Mustard Dill Sauce
- 4 6-8 oz Halibut Fillet
- 2 cups milk
- teaspoon olive oil
- 2 Tbs fine chopped Shallots
- 2 Tbs mustard
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh dill
- In a 12″ Saucepan heat oil over medium heat, add shallots. After a few seconds add zest, salt and pepper.
- While waiting for come to a simmer, mix corn starch with just enough water to make very thick paste.
- When mixture comes to a simmer, add the Halibut fillet meat down, after 4 minutes flip over to skin side down and cook for another 5-7 minutes depending upon thickness until meat is opaque in center.
- Remove Halibut to serving plates. Slowly stir the corn starch into the mixture, add dill and continue cooking until thickened. Serve sauce with the Halibut