Manilla Clams in Thai Red Curry
- 3-5 pounds Manilla clams
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- 1/3 cup Sake or dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Wash clams thoroughly to remove any grit.
- Bring coconut milk, lime juice, Sake or wine, brown sugar, curry paste, garlic and fish sauce to a boil in a Dutch oven or other large pot, stirring occasionally. Add the clams, tossing to combine. Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the clams are open, 5 to 7 minutes. (Discard any unopened clams.)
- Stir in cilantro. Serve in deep bowls with lime wedges for squeezing.