Hoisin Ginger Glazed Salmon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons peeled and sliced ginger
- Dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds salmon fillets
- Place the sugar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, dash of red pepper flakes, garlic, and lime juice in a medium nonreactive saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, and cook until the sauce forms a glaze. Set aside and let cool.
- Baste the fillet with the glaze. Let sit for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat the grill.
- Place fillets on the grill until cooked through, about 8 minutes, basting once during this time.
- Remove the salmon from the heat and baste once more with the glaze before serving.