Healthy Grilled Salmon
A recipe that tastes great, and is good for you! Serve warm with a splash of lemon juice atop a bed of brown rice and asparagus on the side. The fish juices will seep into the brown rice creating a great flavor. You won’t even need butter!
Under 1 hour.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 salmon fillets 1 3/4 – 2 lb
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dill
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice (cleansing, alkalizing, and tastes great with grilled salmon)
- Brown Rice
Brown rice has a rich, nutty taste that goes well with grilled salmon. It is a good source of B vitamins that help the body maintain energy levels. It is also rich in Vitamin E which is beneficial to the hair and skin.
- Let your fish rest outside of the refrigerator, about 20 minutes, to bring it to room temperature (this helps it grill better).
- Meanwhile, clean and lightly oil grill grate. Preheat for medium heat (300-400 degrees F). If you’re using charcoal, the grill is ready when you can hold the palm of your hand two inches above the grate for only 4 -5 seconds before pulling away.
- Sprinkle both sides of your salmon fillets with garlic powder, pepper, salt, and dill. Using your hands, lightly pat the spices into the meat so they are firmly attached and won’t rub off during grilling.
- Using your hands or a brush, coat your salmon with olive oil to keep it moist during grilling.
- To grill, place your fillets meat side down on the grill directly over the flames or coals (direct heat). Cover your grill for 2-3 minutes. Then use a spatula to turn them over and continue grilling for another 4 – 5 minutes. Serve warm with a splash of lemon juice atop a bed of brown rice and asparagus on the side.