Grilled Alaska Halibut with Chipotle Chile and Tomatillo Sauce
This is a great recipe from my friends at the Alaska Seafood Institute(Ballard, Wa.)
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- Alaska Halibut Fillet (6-8oz ea) aprox 2 3/4 lbs
- 1/2 cup Lime Juice (fresh squeeze is best)
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1-2 Tbs Chopped Cilantro
- 1 1/2 cup Jack Cheese shredded
- Chipotle Chile and Tomatillo Sauce recipe below
- Garnish – 6 corn tortilla 6″ warmed
- Chipotle Chile and Tomatillo Sauce
- Teaspoons Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, pureed (available at grocery store)
- 1/2 cup Tomatillo salsa (Salsa Verde)
- Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbs Masa
- Combine lime juice, olive oil and cilantro in a non-metal container. Add fish fillets and marinate 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- To prepare the Chipotle Chile and Tomatillo Sauce, combine pureed chiles, salsa and chicken stock in small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until reduced by one half.
- Add Masa and bring to a boil. Boil and stir 1 minute to thicken. Keep Warm
- Remove fillets from marinade, pat dry. Grill until done. Sprinkle fillet each with aprox 1 ounce shredded cheese
- Ladle some sauce onto the middle of each serving plate; top with a tortilla. Place fish on top of tortilla; ladle additional sauce(aprox 1 ounce) over fish. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and cilantro.