Freshy’s Drunken Prawns
- One pound Live Spot Prawns
- 1 cup Chinese Wine (Substitue Brandy if not available)
- 2-3 Green Onion Stalks
- 5 Slices of Fresh Ginger
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (Coriander)
- Place prawns in a deep bowl with lid.
- Drizzle Chinese wine or Brandy over prawns and close the lid (because the prawns will get drunk/crazy)
- Wait till the prawns have stopped jumping. This will take about 10 minutes or more.
- Trim the feelers off the prawns, arrange them in a single layer on a steaming plate that has a bit of depth. Pour the marinating wine over.
- Place spring onions stalks, ginger and wolfberries on top. Drizzle one more tbsp Chinese wine over the ingredients.
- Steam till the prawns turn completely red (this takes only a few minutes – do not over cook).
- Garnish with spring onions strips and coriander. Serve.