Freshy’s Chili Crab
- 1 LARGE Crab (same work, twice reward a small crab)
- 1 tablespoon purchased or homemade Red Curry Paste
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemongrass
- 5-6 small red chilies, thinly sliced(I use thai chilies)
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup each chopped fresh basil, cilantro and mint
- 4 green onions cut into short lengths
- 1 tablespoon cook oil
- Have your LIVE crab cleaned, sectioned and cracked at Freshy’s.
- Heat large fry pan or wok with oil on high heat. Add curry paste, garlic, lemongrass and half of the chilies. Cook on HIGH heat for at least 1 minute until smell is very pungent. This is very important to release the flavors.
- Stir in the sauces and water, add the crab. Cover the pan and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in chopped basil, cilantro and mint, green onions. Toss gently with herbs until mixed. Sprinkle with remaining chili before serving.