Dungeness Crab Legs in Fermented Black Bean Sauce
- 1 large dungeness crab sectioned and cracked(ask your Freshy’s Fish Monger to do this for you)
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
Fermented Black Bean Sauce
- 2 tbs Peanut oil
- 1/4 cup Green onion sliced
- 1 1/2 tbs Garlic chopped
- 1 tbs fresh Ginger chopped
- 1/4 cup Fermented Black beans rinsed and drained (available in the asian section of your market)
- 1/4 cup Mirin
- 2 tbs Soy sauce
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tbs cornstarch dissolved in water
- 1 tsp Red Chile paste
- To prepare Fermented Black Bean Sauce , heat peanut oil in wok or large pan until near smoking; stir fry green onion, garlic and ginger for several seconds.
- Add Fermented Black Beans, mirin and soy sauce;bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken stock, dissolved cornstarch and chile paste; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
- Place crab legs in sauce and simmer until heated through. Toss legs gently to coat with sauce; stir in chopped cilantro.
- Serve with rice and your favorite greens.