Crunchy Wasabi Crusted baked Alaskan Halibut
- Halibut filets 6-8 oz ea
- Salt and Pepper to season
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Wasabi Paste( from a tube)
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups Panko (Japanese Bread Crumbs)
- Put oven rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 400°F. Line a shallow baking pan with foil.
- Pat fillets dry, then arrange in baking pan. Sprinkle salt all over fillets. Stir together wasabi paste and mayonnaise in a bowl, then spread tops of fillets with half of mayonnaise and sprinkle with half of panko. Turn fillets over and spread with remaining mayonnaise, then sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- Bake until fish is just cooked through, 12 to 16 minutes, then broil 4 to 6 inches from heat until crumbs on top are golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.