Coconut & Green Curry Steamed Clams
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 Roma tomato seeded and diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup clam juice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 lb. manila clams
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lime zest
- Serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add curry paste, shallot, garlic, lemongrass, and ginger and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, lime juice and sugar and sauté for another 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in clam juice and coconut juice and bring to a boil.
- Add clams and cover with a lid for about 8 minutes or until most or all clams have opened.
- Top with lime zest, sliced serrano and lime wedges. Serve immediately.