Baked Salmon With Spinach and Couscous
- ½ cup brown rice couscous
- 1 1/3 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon or oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1 skinless salmon fillet (1.5 pound)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- Lemon slices for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a 9-by-13 baking dish, stir together the couscous, boiling water, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, the tarragon and salt. Top with the spinach and the salmon.
- Cover with foil and bake until the salmon pulls apart in flakes but is still moist, and the couscous is tender, about 12 minutes. Lift the salmon out of the pan and place on a cutting board.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice, the oil and pine nuts to the couscous-spinach mixture, and fluff with a fork. Divide the couscous-spinach mixture among 4 plates. Cut the salmon into 4 pieces and place on top. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.