Baked Salmon with Lemon Herb Butter
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4, 6 -8 oz. salmon filiets with skin on
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- tablespoons of cold butter (plus extra for greasing baking dish)
- tablespoons tarragon, roughly chopped
- tablespoons chives, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of white wine
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Lemon wedges and parsley for garnish
- Place a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Then layer each filet with 1 tablespoon of the tarragon, chives and then butter. Place 1 or 2 slices of lemon on top to cover most of the filet.
- Place the fillets on a greased baking dish and add the wine. Place the dish in the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes depending upon the thickness, or until the desired temperature is reached or the fish just begins to flake (reminder, the fish will continue to cook when removed from the oven, expect the final temperature to increase by at least 5 degrees). Many cooks will serve salmon rare at 109 or 110 degrees, medium rare in the mid-120 degree range and medium at 130 degrees.
- Plate the salmon, drizzle with sauce from baking dish and serve. Garnish with parsley and a lemon wedge, if you like.