Albacore Chutney Salad
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 1/2 lb Pacific albacore steaks
- 6 Tbsp. low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. lowfat sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. chutney
- 1 & 1/4 tsp grated ginger root
- 2 & 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. minced green onion
- 2 Tbsp. diced celery
- 1 & 1/2 tsp grated lime rind
- 1/2 c. sliced grapes
- 2 Tbsp. sliced roasted almonds
- Rinse albacore with cool water; pat dry with paper towels.
- Pace albacore in large skillet in just sufficient water to cover. Season water with lemon and onion slices, bay leaf and black peppercorns to taste.
- Cover and simmer. Cook aprox 8 min total. Don’t overcook! Albacore should be pink in the center when removed from heat. Drain, cool and break into large chunks.
- Combine yogurt, lowfat sour cream, chutney, lime juice, green onion celery and lime rind. Blend well. Toss albacore and grapes with dressing. Serve on bed of lettuce and garnish with almonds.