Acadian Peppered Shrimp
An, “Ol Time Cajun Favorite.”
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 2 tablespoons ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon (4 teaspoons) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 bay leaves, crumbled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced OR 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, minced OR 1/4 t. dried basil, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced OR 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, fresh or dried
- 2 lbs. 16/20 WILD Gulf, White Prawns
- Devein and rinse shrimp under water.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add all other ingredients except shrimp and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp and cook until shrimp turns pink.
- Place cooked shrimp on serving plate and drizzle sauce over shrimp.
- Serve over rice if desired.